“Career options in Health Sciences in- and outside academia”
The end of your PhD is coming closer and you would like to clarify your career expectations like
- Does it make sense for me to concentrate on an academic career?
- Do I want to become a professor?
- Are there alternatives to academia and what do they look like?
This workshop gives you the opportunity to reflect on different work areas, career types, and job profiles. You will compare the academic career with alternatives outside the university setting.
- Reflect on opportunities in- and outside academia
- Become aware of their own skills
- Compare different skill profiles in academia with the expectations for jobs outside academia
- Analyze job ads from different working areas
- Know how to “translate” their CV for job applications in different working areas in comparison to applications in academia
The participants are motivated to reflect on their own career options in exchange with the group.
Dagmar Engfer, MSc Geography, Coach and Consultant for Career Development, Certified Member of BSO (Berufsverband für Coaching, Supervision und Organisationsberatung), Lecturer and trainer at universities and in different organizations and companies.
Eligible are all PPHS PhD students, preferred are those in their last year of PhD. Max. 12 places are available.
Dates and Time
January 2021, exact dates will be announced in fall.
Workload and ECTS
1 ECTS. Two weeks before the start of the workshop, documents for preparation will be sent out.
The setup of the course requires 100% attendance. PPHS will charge a fee of CHF 100 in case of cancellation later than 2 weeks before the course starts, or if you don’t attend the course.
Date & Time