Registration to PPHS
Before you can apply to PPHS, please check the following requirements:
- You are matriculated as a PhD student at the University of Basel.
- You are matriculated in one of the following PhD topics:
- Faculty of Medicine: Clinical Research, Public Health/Epidemiology incl. Insurance Medicine, Medicine Development, Nursing Science and Sport Science
- Faculty of Science: Epidemiology, and Cell Biology/Microbiology (subject within the area of Infection Biology)
- You agree that you will obtain at least 18 ECTS in your learning agreement.
Registration to PPHS requires two steps:
- Fill out the registration form below
- Fill out this document and email it as PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration to the University of Basel: all relevant information.
- Find more information in the “PhD Guide” on our website
- Find out more about the aims, conditions, and key elements of PPHS
More information buddy system
The buddy system was established in early 2020. As a new PPHS student, you can request a buddy who will assist you during your first year. Buddies are second- (or higher) year PhD students who are available for any questions you might have. These questions can refer to PhD regulations like PhD proposal, learning agreement, etc., but also to topics in the private domain, e.g. housing, insurance, public transport, clubs, and societies, etc., or any other question you have.