Good Scientific Conduct in Health Sciences
This course provides students with an overview of, and guidance on, what constitutes Good Scientific Practice in Health Sciences, including code of good conduct, definitions of scientific misconduct, rules for authorship on scientific publications, plagiarism, and gender/cultural issues in scientific collaborations.
More information and the latest updates can be found in the Course Directory.
- Introduction to ethics in science and scientific integrity; history and definitions of good scientific conduct/misconduct
- Guidelines on good scientific conduct at the University of Basel
- Authorship rules and issues in scientific publications
- Conflicts of interest and ghostwriting
- Data fabrication and falsification; bad data practices
- The role of health scientists in society; the culture of student-supervisor relationships
- Working in the Global South
See course directory
Workload & Credits
1 ECTS (7 sessions of 2 hours/semester)
Please register via MOnA.