PPHS offers the following courses year round:
- Academic Writing in the Health Sciences
- Essentials in Health Research Methodology
- Good Scientific Conduct in Health Sciences
- PPHS Career Talks
- How to prepare a job application inside or outside of academia in Health Sciences
- Journal Editing in Health Sciences (was: Walking in Editors’ Shoes: Peer reviewing and journal editing for young researchers in Health Sciences
- Writing a PhD thesis proposal in Health Sciences
In agreement with the SSPH+PhD Program Public Health PPHS students have access to many of their courses with no course fee.
See the section training offerings overview for course possibilities outside of the University of Basel.
Each PhD student compiles an individual curriculum according to the minimal standards as elaborated by PPHS. There are based on the competencies so far experiences acquired so far and outline by the dissertation track. The curriculum will contain a minimum of 18 ECTS. Credit points should be allocated to each of the competence domains as defined in the PPHS minimal standards: